Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"FriendShips"

In the beginning of the story, when Liesel and Rudy first met, they really didn’t get along at first. " I mean who would want to start a friendship with someone who threw a snow ball in your face just because you stopped a penalty while playing". Well after Rudy threw a snow ball at Liesel, his mother made him walk her to school because it was her first time attending. Since then, they started a very good friendship.
When I read this part of the story in The Book Thief, it reminded me of my childhood friend named Wilmer. I met him when I arrived at a new school in second grade. He reminded me of Rudy because at first he would act a bit mean with me. When we got to know each other well we started to sit together in the bus, eat lunch, and play together during recess. We even helped each other when we needed it. Even until this day I don’t regret having him as my best friend although we have our ups and downs. For me, having a best friend is someone really valuable because you need someone to give you advice when you need them or even to express your inner emotions about your life.

As we get older I think we appreciate our friendships even more and especially if we have had them since our childhood. In a way, as we get older some of our friends might change. Some of us might mature faster than others in our thoughts, or in how we see life know then how we did when we were kids. Some of our friends might also have different dreams then you do, but I think that no matter what differences we might have as we’re getting older, we should always be there for them. No matter what the circumstances are because for me, that’s what real friendship is.

Zusak, Markus.The book thief.New York city, NY:Alferd A. Knopf,2005.print.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to get your Blog #2 (Holocaust Survivor) post up as soon as you can! Instructions can be found on my blog here: http://bookthieffall10.blogspot.com/2010/08/holocaust-survivor-stories.html

    7/10 Blog #3 Comments for Revision:
    Nice work on #3 Adriana! I really enjoyed reading about your childhood best friend Wilmer. Are you guys still close? How has your friendship changed as you've gotten older? Do you think Liesel & Rudy's friendship might change in the same way? What you wrote about real friendship was very moving and I completely agree. It is always important to be there for the people we love!

    For revision:
    Unnecessary repetition: "In the beginning of the story, when Liesel and Rudy first met, they
    really didn’t get along at first."

    Proper punctuation: " I mean who would want to start a friendship with someone who threw a snow ball in your face just because you stopped a penalty while playing."

    Make sure you are putting your in-text citations and Works Cited information in proper MLA format when you revise.

    ReplyDelete