In 1933-1945 many Jews as well as other people were taken forcefully out of their homes because they were discriminated by their religion and ethnicity. I think that most people that were taken from their homes to live in ghettos was really hard because it was a really big change in their lives, especially if they were used to do forced labor. Also, the ghettos were like prisons for the Jews because they were surrounded by big walls and barbed wire, so they would not escape. The people that lived in ghettos also had little to eat, and most of them suffered hunger including children. I think that all the people that were forced to live in the ghettos must have suffered a lot since they had to share their room with strangers. They had to be in their room at a certain time and to get up when the Nazi officers asked them to. When people tried to escape from the ghettos they were killed. Personally, I think this was really cruel because they had families. The commanders in charge, and soldiers did not care if the people were children or elderly, they would get sent to concentration camps or death camps if they were useless in any way for them.
The way this changes my understanding of what was happening in Europe during World War II is that people and children were getting discriminated just for their race and religious beliefs. When I first learned about the things that were happening during WWII I was shocked and could not understand how Hitler had the knowledge to make people believe that the ghettos and concentration camps were not what they seemed, that these camps were in better condition and that the people taken to these places were not killed.

10/10:
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog Adriana! I like how you have added pictures. You did a wonderful job putting what you learned into your own words. You might want to start adding links to your sources to make it easier to find them if you ever need them. Very well written!